It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Discussion forums have moved to the new Lunapic Community on Facebook



Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:10 pm 
Newbie

Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:52 pm
Cash on hand:
0.00 LunaPic Points

Posts: 4
Invitations sent: 0
Successful invitations: 0
I'm brand new to this great web site and processes.

I saved (downloaded) a 'reflecting pool' gif file I created on my computer.
Before downloading, I checked that the animation settings are set to: loop at 20 ms, forever.
The downloaded file saved on my computer as a gif file.
[By the way, I use Firefox; and I don't know where how I mioght alter how and where downloaded files get saved.]

The downloaded gif file does not loop when I open it in 'Windows Picture and Fax Viewer'.
WHen I open it in Quicktime Player, I have to manually request it to loop, and then hit the play button in order to get it to loop.

Can I get it to open up in viewers/players and loop immediately and automatically?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:03 pm 
Pro
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:23 am
Cash on hand:
3,582.10 LunaPic Points

Bank:
3,000.60 LunaPic Points

Posts: 1249
Invitations sent: 1
Successful invitations: 0
bonespur wrote:
I'm brand new to this great web site and processes.

I saved (downloaded) a 'reflecting pool' gif file I created on my computer.
Before downloading, I checked that the animation settings are set to: loop at 20 ms, forever.
The downloaded file saved on my computer as a gif file.
[By the way, I use Firefox; and I don't know where how I mioght alter how and where downloaded files get saved.]

The downloaded gif file does not loop when I open it in 'Windows Picture and Fax Viewer'.
WHen I open it in Quicktime Player, I have to manually request it to loop, and then hit the play button in order to get it to loop.

Can I get it to open up in viewers/players and loop immediately and automatically?
I have FF too just it works just fine for me don't know what else could be the problem I know windows movie player supports gif formats try to see if you gif graphic moves I always right click and save image as and choose a folder like my pictures for an example that way I know where it's at...or you can try going to the file and and right click on open it up firefox to see if you can still see your animation that's how I view my saved images to my computer is by the IE Browser or Firefox browser...since you save it in a gif format your doing everything right I just hope you will be able to get your animation so you can see it...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:13 pm 
Newbie

Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:52 pm
Cash on hand:
0.00 LunaPic Points

Posts: 4
Invitations sent: 0
Successful invitations: 0
Hi ! Thanks for replying.
Here's more information I hope allows you to figure out a solution - including a summary at the end of this posting.

I want to be able to insert the gif file into email messages and have it loop continuously when people open the message.

In Windows Media Player, the gif file on my computer does not play either - instead it sort of shimmers, as if maybe it going back and forth between a couple of frames.

In VLC Media Player, the file does not even open.

In Windows Picture and Fax Viewer, the file seems to go from the first frame to the second or so very quickly, before it stops and becomes perfectly still.

In Windows Livew Picture Gallery, the file opens showing the first of 12 frames, with forward and backward arrow controls to allow moving one at a time through the 12 frames.

In Firefox, the gif file DOES open and immediately starts playing forever.

So here's a summary:

in Firefox perfect
in Quick TIme Player opens statis, will play and loop if manual controls for that are selected
in Windows Picture and Fax plays for about 2 frames and then stops
in Windows Media Player shimmers as if going back and forth between a couple of frames
in Windows Live Picture Gallery opens as a slide show of twelve slides
in VLC media Player does not even open


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:26 pm 
Pro
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:23 am
Cash on hand:
3,582.10 LunaPic Points

Bank:
3,000.60 LunaPic Points

Posts: 1249
Invitations sent: 1
Successful invitations: 0
I genually save my pictures that I make here to my account and upload with imageshack.us and use the link to send to my friends just try to upload it on here and see if it still moves on as an moving object with the frames..going if it is working on firefox when you are opening on from your pc then the graphic will automatically go to frame after frame but just to be sure just upload online and see if it works and if it works moving around then you did everything right you may have done nothing wrong at all sometimes some programs don't work that well with the gif formats and yep there are 12 frames I new movie editor would work perfectly too and firefox just don't understand why it's not working on the your computer but if it's working online and your seeing the animation then you have no problem at all and if you can see it work on any other like the one you did the windows movie maker you know you did it right...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:37 pm 
Newbie

Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:52 pm
Cash on hand:
0.00 LunaPic Points

Posts: 4
Invitations sent: 0
Successful invitations: 0
Well, I followed your suggestions, and there is some good news and some bad news.

I saved the reflecting pool image gif file to image shack.
The result on the imageshack web site is good, and it loops.
Then I got the URL from imageshack.
Then I used the URL in FireFox.
Then I did "Save As ...." on the image in FireFox, and I saved it to my computer.
The image saved on my computer loops fine in 'Windows Picture and Fax Viewer'.

HOWEVER, image shack made me downsize the file from 1 Mb to 225 x 576 ( i.e. about 100kb), and therefore I have lost picture size or resolution if you will. ALSO that is a very tedious process compared with saving directly to a computer from the lunapic site.

So it appears there are major bugs in the lunapic website that prevents direct saving to a computer - and which necessitate saving via a site like imageshack, which is not only tedious, but also reduces resolution.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:32 am 
Pro
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:23 am
Cash on hand:
3,582.10 LunaPic Points

Bank:
3,000.60 LunaPic Points

Posts: 1249
Invitations sent: 1
Successful invitations: 0
bonespur wrote:
Well, I followed your suggestions, and there is some good news and some bad news.

I saved the reflecting pool image gif file to image shack.
The result on the imageshack web site is good, and it loops.
Then I got the URL from imageshack.
Then I used the URL in FireFox.
Then I did "Save As ...." on the image in FireFox, and I saved it to my computer.
The image saved on my computer loops fine in 'Windows Picture and Fax Viewer'.

HOWEVER, image shack made me downsize the file from 1 Mb to 225 x 576 ( i.e. about 100kb), and therefore I have lost picture size or resolution if you will. ALSO that is a very tedious process compared with saving directly to a computer from the lunapic site.

So it appears there are major bugs in the lunapic website that prevents direct saving to a computer - and which necessitate saving via a site like imageshack, which is not only tedious, but also reduces resolution.

I don't know any other way but I am thinking I do have another idea when you upload your graphic to lunapic editor just go to the file if you have a myspace account click on save to myspace...and I know the animation will work on myspace or you can upload the graphic to your myspace account to your picture area I know the animations work on there ...and they do except photos no more then 5mb on the site well I do hope if you do have account there try to see if it uploads there .. since it's looping in the fax viewer now then I think it will work when you email your graphic glad to see it got to loop on the fax viewer..that's good then it should be ready for you to put in your emails..don't know what else but I keep thinking what else could be easier...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:58 am 
Newbie

Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:52 pm
Cash on hand:
0.00 LunaPic Points

Posts: 4
Invitations sent: 0
Successful invitations: 0
Thanks Angelkisses. [By the way, what a great name.] You really do a great job in this forum.

I have some good news.
I seem to have found a work around.
Instead of clicking on "Save To"/"Your Computer" (below the gif file image) in the lunapic web page, if I just right-click on the image and do "Save As ...", that works!
The file that is then saved on my pc loops continuously in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer.
It also loops continuously in email messages I've inserted it into - but, strangely, not until after I've sent the messages.

By the way, I'm running the NoScript add-on for FireFox; and a short while ago I allowed googleapis.com, as I was trying everything. I wonder whether that had anything to do with it.
By the way, I have not let NoScript allow googlesyndication.com, or googleadcervices.com, or google-analytics.com; as I think they are probably spyware.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:17 am 
Pro
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:23 am
Cash on hand:
3,582.10 LunaPic Points

Bank:
3,000.60 LunaPic Points

Posts: 1249
Invitations sent: 1
Successful invitations: 0
bonespur wrote:
Thanks Angelkisses. [By the way, what a great name.] You really do a great job in this forum.

I have some good news.
I seem to have found a work around.
Instead of clicking on "Save To"/"Your Computer" (below the gif file image) in the lunapic web page, if I just right-click on the image and do "Save As ...", that works!
The file that is then saved on my pc loops continuously in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer.
It also loops continuously in email messages I've inserted it into - but, strangely, not until after I've sent the messages.

By the way, I'm running the NoScript add-on for FireFox; and a short while ago I allowed googleapis.com, as I was trying everything. I wonder whether that had anything to do with it.
By the way, I have not let NoScript allow googlesyndication.com, or googleadcervices.com, or google-analytics.com; as I think they are probably spyware.

Your welcome no problem that's what I normally do when I save a graphic from here or somewhere else I right click and click as save as..just don't like clicking download image to the computer...I just hope it will keep working for ya..and it's good to find different things to do in certain ways to save the graphics in order for them to work to sent off to others..and thank you for the nice comment...I try my best to help out the best way I can...that's new to me on google links there your probably right it could be spyware there is another way you can send a graphic on firefox another way you can right click on the image and click send image... but never have tried it that way yet don't know if it works or not... we all learn something new on here everyday and hopefully we we'll all find someway easier for all this ...to some people it's easy to some other it's hard...we all try..and we will succeed...I keep thinking of other ways to do this...I just only started on firefox a couple of weeks ago..seems really good but I heard about a week or so that firefox was having problems on loading to other sites...but I had no prolem except just one day but it didn't last for a whole week like the others on the other site...we all do got to becareful to what we see online...that's good to becareful..well I do hope that all this has helped you ...and I know I learned something from all this ....and thanks to you too.. for explaining too ....let me know if there are any other problems...just hang in there ...


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group